Thursday, April 11, 2013

A-Z Challenge: I

Okay, I needed a quick post for I, and this is an older poem I found. It's not magnificent, mind ya, but it will work. Plus, it's a grey, rainy day today... Oh, and I think this is my take on a love poem!


Insecticide

The rain,
no matter how powerful and torrential,
never washes away the insecticide,
the mist you spray when you cry or walk by.
It drapes on leaves, the ground, the sky, my skin.
Its rancid odor causes me grief,
disbelief,
that a sigh is no more a sigh
than a man is but the man he builds.
The insecticide envelopes,
develops me;
folds me in threes times the number
you multiply to make my skin black.
I make you whole
and yet, you kill me.
You disease me and not even the rain
can wash away our beautiful mistakes.

4 comments:

  1. Would be great to wash away all our mistakes!

    Stopping by from the A-Z Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Christy! Your poem is so good. I'm sorry you didn't get to continue on with the Challenge!

    Happy A to Z-ing! from Laura Marcella @ Wavy Lines

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I am a new follower from the challenge. Hard to believe it’s nearly over. Good to meet you. This challenge can be overwhelming. I see you decided to take a break. Hope we can still be blogger buds when its over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stopping by to say hello from the 2013 Post A-Z Road Trip.
    Thoughts Of Beauty In The Stillness Of Dawn...

    ReplyDelete